Thursday, June 19, 2008

Third Ride : 70km and beyond ....

Third Ride : Adela – Sg Rengit – Tanjung Pengelih - Adela
Date : Wednesday, 18/06/2008 Distance : 72.59km Avg Speed : 22.4km/h
Max Speed : 43.5km/h Time: 7.30am-11.30am


This is the extended ride from the first ride. A 19km ride Adela-Sg Rengit ride, plus 16km coastal ride to Tg Pengelih. Tg Pengelih is the second most southern tip of Asia continent, facing the South China Sea. From the shore, I can see Changi, Singapore clearly. I believe anyone who is fit can swim cross the channel without much problem. The channel that separates Malaysia and Singapore is Selat Tebrau.

This time, the ride feels shorter. Probably because I was on the same route several days ago. The coastal road from Sg Rengit to Tg Pengelih is dead flat. I cruised at 23km/h comfortably for half an hour each leg.


2 comments:

Father Sez said...

Assalamu'alaikum,

The ride must have been cool. I can only imagine (sitting in Seremban) about the view and the sea breeze.

BTW, I have a very good friend who is a great cycling kaki. If you are planing any other long rides, he may be a companion or give some useful ideas.

http://cyclingtales.blogspot.com/

matdex said...

Waalaikumusalam w.r.t.

Father Sez,
Thank you for the link. I really love the blog. It is my dream to cycle a circular route through IndoChina. Cycling from Malaysia-Thailand-Laos-Vietnam - Cambodia - Thailand- Malaysia.

I wish I can accomplish my dream soon.

Thank you.