Monday, June 16, 2008

First Ride : Adela – Sg Rengit – Adela

First Ride : Adela – Sg Rengit – Adela
Date : Friday, 13/06/2008 Distance : 38.87km Avg Speed : 23km/h
Max Speed : 41.7km/h Time: 8am-10am

This is my first long distance ride, less than 12 hours after I purchased the bike. I don’t think I ever tried cycling more than 15km before. I used to cycle from home to university every day. The length is about 2.5km.


And I realized a big difference with this bike. I used a Claud Butler Milano before. The frame (Milano) is big. Giant TCR3 has compact frame geometry. Thus, it looks smaller and easier to handle. Furthermore, it accelerates faster and easy to maneuver. However, since Claud Butler Milano used Campagnolo instead of Mizuno, I found that Campag was smoother in shifting gears. I also like the idea of having two separate levers for brake and gear shifting, as used by Campagnolo Ergopower.


Campagnolo Record Ergopower Carbon Lever


The ride took 2 hours including breakfast and stops. It was an enjoyable ride with medium traffic. However, there was significant amount of risk and the cyclist need to be careful all the time. Especially when big buses and lorries took over. The force created by passing vehicle may cause the bike to be unstable.


Breakfast at Sungai Rengit. At the back is South China Sea.


No comments: