Monday, June 16, 2008

Second Ride : Adela – Desaru Golf – Adela

Second Ride : Adela – Desaru Golf – Adela
Date : Saturday, 14/06/2008 Distance : 49.53km Avg Speed : 20km/h
Max Speed : 59.6km/h Time: 9.30am-1.30pm

On the second day, I cycled near to 50km from Adela to Bandar Penawar to Desaru Golf. I did on average 20km/h, slightly less than the day before. I realized that I did not consume any food before any ride. This may affect my cycling speed, but I am not use to eat early in the morning.

Usually I started the day with morning prayer, then little bit of stretching. This includes The Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar), one of the Yoga practice that I read from book. I am a complete beginner of Yoga and wish I can learn more about this ancient practice.

Then, I prepare the necessities for the ride. Check the tire pressure and refill the water bottle with water.

Desaru Golf :: A lonely road towards the beach.


For this ride, I chose a route with a long descent on my way out of Adela. At this particular slope that stretch about 150 meters, I cycled (technically doing nothing, just let the gravity do its trick) at maximum speed of nearly 60km/h. It brought good feeling when you are at speed. And I need to be careful, even a small pothole can bring disastrous outcome.

No comments: