Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Words of Wisdom of The Alchemist

The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho

This is the second book of Paulo Coelho that I read. I love the story; mystical, adventurous and life enhancing. It was about a boy; Santiago who followed his dream, and the unexpected events he had encountered.

“A beautiful book about magic, dreams and the treasures we seek elsewhere, and then find at our doorstep” – MADONNA

Many words in this book make a lot of sense to me. Book like this one can make me happy, make me smile and cry without reason, make me appreciate every moment that passing by and making me feeling adventurous.


“It is the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting” – page 11

“I left my father, m my mother, and the town castle behind. They have got used to my being away, and so have I. The sheep will get used to my not being too” – page 29. P/s Like me, I was away from home since thirteen. But home is still a home. And everywhere I go, I know there is always a place that I can go back – my home.

“The boy felt jealous of the freedom of the wind, and saw that he could have the same freedom. There was nothing to hold him back except himself” – page 29.

“I’m like everyone else – I see the world in terms of what I would like to see happen, not what actually does” – page 42

“When you want something, all te universe conspires in helping you to achieve it” – page 42

1 comment:

MaZhiLing said...

No doubt, A real masterpiece!