Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Witch of Portobello


Time: 0434 Abu Dhabi Sat, May 10

This week has been a fruitful week. Managed to read 2 books despite of 6am to 6pm tight schedule. The first book was The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Ceolho. The story of Athena evolves around a mystical journey of a women who want to help other, who discover an ability which bring destruction to herself. Her life is told by the many who knew her well - or hardly at all. It is like looking at a single object from different angles and distances.

I realised that the last novel I read was Dan Brown's collection : Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, Digital Fortres and Deception Point. After finishing The Witch of Portobello, I continue reading The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari. This is an excellent book. In life, there are books that worth reading only once, and there are kinds of book thats worth to understand, practice and analyse. And this book by Robin S. Sharma can be a guide to have a better life.

At the moment, I am in Abu Dhabi, having my training 6am to 6pm on daily basis. The bus ride to the learning center takes an hour each journey. Every day, I spent two hours on the not so comfortable bus seat with seatbelt on. However, hey..I found out that It was the best two hours for myself. Instead of sleeping, I listen to music and read good books. Once a while, I watch the passing cars and wonder which car I should buy first. A Honda, BMW, or Mercedes....Haha...Or I should just stick to our national models..perhaps the new Proton Saga BLM. This strengthen my believe that humankind can create time. Most of the time, we blame the hectic schedule of our life to the extend we can hardly find time for ourself.


No comments: