Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rich Site Summary (RSS)


When I start this blog 7 months ago, It was only for personal use. I want a space on the internet where I can link to all my favorite financial blogs. So, I can go to my personal blog and put links. However, a few months ago, I found IGoogle. I know there is a way that I can personalise my search engine, but never try to find out how. Then I started learning how to personalize IGoogle. I add a tab for personal finance where I can put the links to all my favorite blogs. Even more, this tool is so good that I can add RSS.

What is RSS?

RSS (Rich Site Summary) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.

Why RSS? Benefits and Reasons for using RSS

RSS solves a problem for people who regularly use the web. It allows you to easily stay informed and save time by not needing to visit each site individually. You ensure your privacy, by not needing to join each site's email newsletter. The number of sites offering RSS feeds is growing rapidly and includes big names like Yahoo News. by retrieving the latest content from the sites you are interested in.

No comments: