Sunday, October 28, 2007

How to Save?

Saving - Put My Faith in It, but How to Do It?

Pay Myself First: The key to successfully saving plan is to pay myself first. I need to make it a habit to set aside some money for me first. The bills and other people should wait! Most people are paying themselves last. And by the time they finish paying others (utilities companies, friends, cable TV company, etc), they only have few cents left for themselves. Thus, I need to

Save 10% of My Paycheck: I should save at least 10% of my paycheck every month. I need to do this the first moment my money is in the bank. Then If I am comfortable, I will increase the percentage and find ways to reduce my expenses.

Make Lump Sum Investment Occasionally: Some employee receive a great treat towards the end of the year. Bonuses, Incentives and simply Hari Raya Angpau can be used to expand my saving size. I need to remember the more money I save, the more dramatic my saving will grow.

Live Below My Means (LBMM): Live below my own means does not mean to lead a stingy, misery life. I just need to be frugal and be careful on my purchases. On the Internet, there are lots of tips on how to live below my means. Apart from a well controlled cash flow, LBMM can instill a noble character, not to show off with my wealth.

Discipline and Commitment: After all, I need to committed to what I write. Always to imagine the end result that I want and stay in focus.



No comments: