Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne


I have been waiting for a long time to buy this book. I saw this book (with its nice cover) in Abu Dhabi and Kuala Lumpur. But I never try to flip through the pages. In fact, at first, I thought this is a novel. Actually this is a book that I categorized as motivational and inspiring, kind of books that I love to read.

‘The Secret’ tell us the secret of life. How to be happy and successful in life by changing our thought. It sounds so easy, but only the true believers in this book can get the message.

It’s like when you are in real trouble, the best thing you need to do is to change your thought and focus on the good things. And the universe will conspire to solve your problem. Is it that simple?

When you are broke, think that you have more than enough. You live in abundance. And the money will come to you in many unexpected ways.

When you want something, think that you already have it. You can feel it, you can touch it. And you will send the signal to the Universe, and the Universe will send the thing that you want real soon.

These concepts can be hard to grasp. Especially for those who always live in misery and trouble.

I do believe in what the author said. Now, I realized that I already practice few tips which I read in books. Now it is the time to grasp new ideas and concept, and strengthen the one that I already know.

The Secret to Money

“Whatever the mind…can conceive it can achieve”

- W. Clement Stone (1902-2002)

I grew up on, “ You have to work hard for money”. So I replaced that with, “ Money comes easily and frequently”. Now in the beginning it feels like a lie, right? There is a part of your brain that will say, “Oh you liar, it’s hard.” So you have to know it’s this little tennis match that will go on for a while.

- Loral Langemeier, Financial Strategist, Speaker and Personal and Corporate Coach

“The good news is that the moment you decide that what you know is more important than what you have been taught to believe, you will have shifted gears in your quest for abundance. Success comes from within, not from without”

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Secret Summaries

- To attract money, focus on wealth. It is impossible to bring more money into your life when you focus on the lack of it.

- It is helpful to use your imagination and make-believe you already have the money you want. Play games of having wealth and you will feel better about money; as you feel better about it, more will flow into your life.

- Feeling happy now is the fastest way to bring money into your life.

- Make it your intention to look at everything you like and say to yourself, “ I can afford that. I can buy that.” You will shift your thinking and begin to feel better about money.

- Give money in order to bring more of it into your life. When you are generous with money and feel good about sharing it, you are saying, “I have plenty”.

- Visualize checks in the mail.

- Tip the balance of your thoughts to wealth. Think wealt

2 comments:

Father Sez said...

Sala'am,

I have not read this book though there are lots of good reviews.

I did read the Science of Growing RIch and your "review" seems to show some similarities.

SOGR is available for free as an ebook.

MaZhiLing said...

Salam.. I read the book last year, and at first I found it was quite good to be true. Until I found the real secret behind 'The Secret'.

It's the Law of Attraction by Michael Losier. A practical way of deliberately attract the things you want.

http://www.lawofattractionbook.com/