Thursday, February 7, 2008

Back at base, Mountain of Oil, Turkmenistan

Yeahh...I am at the base now after 2 weeks of night shift at Burren's rig. I was rigging down yesterday whe I just finished my night shift. Which means I havent sleep for 24 hours. hehe...

I just want to have an easy day today and feel like blogging again. I realised that the economy is not so good at the moment. The SLB share dropped from almost USD100 at th end of 2007, to USD74.86 today. maybe this s a good time to buy more stocks for those who has spare cash. The SLB stock price, I believe will get better soon.

The same story goes to US Dollar. Dollar gets weaker day after day. Today, the exchange rate (from xe.com) is USD1 = RM3.23. Since my salary is in USD, I think it is not a good time to transfer my money to my Maybank account in Malaysia. I can easily lose money as the USD gets weaker. This effect will be of great significant when I transfer a large sum of money. So I will wait for USD to get stronger, but I do not know when. Well, after back of envelope calculation, I think it is not worthy to transfer the money now, and lose few hundred Ringgit, eventhough it is good if I can dump my money in unit trust at the earliest opportunity that I have. I think I will transfer the money when USD1 is equaivalent to RM 3.30 or more. we will see later.

No comments: